- We are committed to bringing our customers, the members of our Loyalty Programmes, and all users of our website (“user(s)”, “you”, “your”) information tailored to your individual needs and we recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected about our users.
- By continuing to use our website, or any of our services, you –
- agree and accept that we may collect, collate, process and/or store your personal information (as defined in the ECT Act) provided by you during the registration process.
Collection of Usage Data
- Usage Data is collected automatically when using our website. This may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access our website through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access our website by or through a mobile device. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies is strictly for statistical purposes and to determine the visitor traffic patterns through our website and cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you.
What personal information is collected?
- When we do business with you, we collect personal information such as your name and e-mail address, information relating to your race, gender, ethnic or social origin, age, well-being, disability, personal opinions, views or preferences.
When is Your personal information Collected?
- Personal information may be collected in several ways.
- Some personal information may be collected – (i) when you register on our website, (ii) during the carrying out of demographic research, (iii) when you use any of our services, (iv) when you sign up or join our Loyalty Programme, or (v) when you participate in any promotions, competitions or surveys held on our website.
- You acknowledge that promotions and competitions on our website may be sponsored by third parties, or may be co-sponsored by us together with third parties. You agree that some or all your personal information may be shared with such third party.
How Your personal information is used?
- The primary goal in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a better customer experience, which may include, interactive communications, online shopping and other services.
- Your personal information may be used to:
- provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- manage your account on our website: to manage your registration as a user of our website. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our website that are available to you as a registered user.
- deliver to you more relevant and targeted content and advertisements, such as banner advertisements.
- conduct research related to demographics, interests and online habits.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through our website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- compile profiles for statistical purposes. You agree that we may trade with those profiles and statistical data. While we will attempt to ensure that the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to you, we do not guarantee that third parties may not be able to link such profiles and statistical data to you. You hereby indemnify us against any loss, liability, expense, claim, penalty or damage suffered by you, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising from or in relation to any third party being able to link such profiles and statistical data to you.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
With whom is your information shared?
- While we will attempt not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties, except when we have your permission or in the legitimate interests of our business, we do not guarantee that your personal information will not be shared with third parties without your permission.
- Your personal information may also be shared under the following circumstances:
- where the law requires that we disclose your personal information;
- to monitor web traffic: web servers serving our website automatically collect information about the pages you visit. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits. This information (as well as information from third-party market researchers), on an aggregated, anonymous basis, is provided to advertisers advertising on our website. Should you provide personal information online as part of an online advertising promotion or in order to access a third party service, such information may be provided directly to the advertiser or the third party concerned;
- Promotions: many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors or third parties. When you request more information about a particular promotion, your e-mail address may be shared with the sponsor of that promotion;
- Online shopping: if you make a purchase from an online store or merchant, the information obtained during your visit to those stores (including tracking information, cookies, credit card number and contact information) is provided to the merchants. This is to enable transactions to take place;
- Marketing purposes: if you expressly consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you agree that we may, from time to time, share your personal information with any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies, partners, or third-party providers for the purposes of sending you marketing-related announcements related to the products, goods and/or services made available by us on our website. You may at any time opt out of receiving such marketing-relating announcements;
- Third parties: online merchants providing services in association with us have separate privacy and data collection practices. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for third party policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their store, and their privacy policies, return to that store’s home page and click on the appropriate link;
- Editorial purposes: Your personal information may be used by us for editorial purposes. For example, this may include information you provide during an online survey conducted by our editors.
- Legal: we may also disclose your personal information in special cases, where we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a party who may be breaching the Terms and Conditions or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- For statistics and advertisement purposes: we may perform statistical analyses in order to measure interest in the various areas of our website (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or “clicked” on their advertising banners. We also uses demographic information to allow advertising banners on our website to be targeted, in aggregate;
- with your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
What are cookies and how are they used?
- We may place a “cookie” on your browser to store and sometimes track information about you and the use of our website.
The types of cookies we use
- We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount of time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
- We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
- site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
- functional cookies – these are cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password or settings.
Use of IP Address
- An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log IP addresses, or the location of computers on the Internet. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our website. We do not ordinarily link IP addresses to personal information, which means that your session may remain anonymous. However, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. For example, it may be necessary to identify a particular user when it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms and Condition